Sign up to our mailing list
The Humanitarian Centre is an international development network that connects people working in academia, industry, government and civil society to develop more effective ways of working together to tackle global poverty and inequality.
We also build the skills and capacity of charity members, positively impacting communities across the world. We are affiliated with the University of Cambridge and a registered charity.
“Humanitarian Centre events are always very interesting, very well run, and the themed years are excellent. For its relatively small size, what it’s achieved is really significant.” - Evelyn Brealey, Programme Director, Addenbrooke’s Abroad
- We value participation and interaction in the programmes we run and the initiatives we pioneer.
- Equality, mutual respect and diversity mean that we seek to include individuals from many different backgrounds and perspectives.
- We never forget that our focus is on our colleagues and partners in developing countries whose voices must always be integral to our work, and with whom we work in collaboration and partnership rather than a posture of help and charity.
- Our culture is one of openness and sharing where people share skills, time, advice and contacts, and where challenges and failures can be discussed
- We aspire to be an innovative organisation that fosters creativity and new ways of thinking
- Our aim is that everyone who interacts with the Humanitarian Centre would be inspired, empowered and equipped to appropriately contribute to work to reduce global poverty.